Because....nothing says "I didn't think much about you" like an average gift found in any chain store. Choose local for Mother's Day....because Mom is worth it. And so is your economy.
Who wants to order the generic "value rose arrangement" as everyone else, from a company you don't know, using a call center that is probably located in another country!? Not me! Be smart and choose local for Mom by using an independent "REAL" florist. Why buy from a local florist? You can order directly with the people who will make and deliver something special. Recently when I ordered a gift, I was able to chat with a friendly person who helped me figure out what I wanted.....not just some random 800# clerk. And, I helped a local business.
Here are some additional suggestions:
- Chocolates from an independent candy store
- Lunch or dinner at an area restaurant
- A day spent downtown exploring small shops
- Gift certificate to a locally-owned service business
- Indie book stores are always a great idea
- Plants from the local nursery or garden center
- Jewelry that is handmade in your area
- A cake from the corner bakery
- An afternoon tour of a nearby attraction or museum
- A gift card to her favorite spa or salon
Sites to help you find a locally-owned florist:
Live Local USA | a voice for small businesses.
Connect with us and share the message @