Saturday, April 6, 2024

Why THAT Bakery matters; Why our choices STILL matter

8:30 on a brisk spring Saturday morning.....I've already been up early to feed and walk the pack of rescued doggies, but went back to bed, where to be perfectly honest, I could stay for hours. 😅


  
But, because we are going to someone's house later today, I have to get up and scurry to the local bakery - this bakery, with incredible creations such as in the photo - in search of a delicious treat to bring to their new home.


Because if I miss their hours, my only other option is the 10+ grocery stores between here and there. And nothing says "i wanted to bring you something special" quite like a really lovely little cake or box of delightful cupcakes from a real, locally-owned place. ❤️👏😍



Making the effort to visit, love, enjoy, and support our independent businesses.....it's more than just an action, or an errand. It's a choice to put my money into the hands of nice people who have worked really hard to start and launch and build a local brand worth going to, and worth keeping around. If I'm going to spend my hard-earned dollars, I'd rather them go to people I can show appreciation to, by supporting their efforts and continuing to see them thrive.

#loveyourlocal

Check out our albums on the Facebook page!



"Spend Better" - by choosing independently-owned businesses (and real people!) where you live. Follow us as "Live Local USA" on our social channels below!