Thursday, October 12, 2017

Buy a Cup of Coffee at an Independent Business

I love my locally-owned, mom and pop establishments with a passion; appreciate knowing the history behind the storefront; drive out of my way to visit them. I tend to form connections and relationships with the people who own and operate these places, and as I build bonds with other entrepreneurs I think I enrich and broaden my life.


 I don't think we take enough time, in this fast-paced and crazy world, to know who we are supporting or doing business with so when I find such establishments it's a bonus and a chance to value what others do.




Enjoy this collection of images, graphics and signage which are for nothing other than the purpose and joy of celebrating the mom and pop, family operated, independent, non-chain, coffee houses, java huts and other places we love. Share, download and re-post, because if you're lucky enough to have something special in your neighborhood then you probably know that isn't always the case. Check out the links below for a couple of good articles, along with a few listings of area favorites from my neck of the woods in the Mid-Atlantic states.



Meet a few of the local places in my corner of the world!




Drifting Grounds Bethany Beach, Delaware



Crossroads Coffee Shop | Onley, Virginia
Located in an old bank building! Facebook

 

Rise Up Coffee Roasters | Easton, MD



Main Roots Coffee House | Salisbury, MD



Iron Horse Cafe | Willards, MD



Amity Coffee Roasters | Greenwood, DE

Night Kitchen Coffee | Denton, MD

Last but not least, I leave you with this insanely cool signage from Local Coffee in Texas. See the article here. Thanks for reading!






A blog about independent businesses, the heart and soul
of our communities and towns. Follow and connect @