Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Things You Said: the Challenges Of Small Business Owners Wearing All the Hats

In the category of "things you said".....I am ALWAYS finding nuggets of wisdom in your words, as many folks can capture certain aspects of being a SBO or are able to sum up what they see happening, in bite-sized tidbits of conversation. (unlike me, because I tend to ramble and um, go on at length 😁).


For a while I was doing #ThingsYouSaid as a series of quotes from articles and news stories, but it's occurred to me the comments people make on here are really insightful too. This one for example, I think sums up much of the frustration I felt being a SBO trapped for most of my days in a retail store. I NEVER got out to network....was always working and involved in far too many details when i should have been delegating....and marketing/promotion of my business? HA! There was zero time for anything but restocking, making, displays, processing shipments, waiting on customers, and looking back I distinctly remember the sense of isolation I felt at that time. Thus, I think Erin makes a great point that small business owners are truly wearing all the hats and thus have sort of a double workload. Would you agree? How do you handle all the components of your business needs? Do you find it lonely or isolating as I did?

Thanks Erin Louise for the comment which got my wheels turning about other aspects of small biz ownership. 👍 Original post on Facebook here, the day I asked "where IS everyone?" 









"Live Local USA" is a labor of love focused on
better choices, spending where you live, and
independent businesses, the heart and soul of
our communities and towns. Follow and connect @